I’m honored that fellow blogger Charles French has recognized me for the Sunshine Blogger Award (even though it’s completely overcast and raining in Lincoln right now). Nevertheless, I’m very thankful for the recognition! I’ve never actually received one of these blogging awards I’ve heard so much about, but from what I gather, they are ways to recognize other bloggers for doing cool things (or tasty or artsy or sciencey things, depending on context).
The Rules for the award:
1. Thank the person that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from your nominator.
3. Nominate and notify 11 bloggers.
4. Give them 11 questions to answer.
The questions I was given, and my answers, are as follows:
1.) If you could visit any country that you have never been to, where would you go? I’ve always wanted to visit Afghanistan.
2.) What is your favorite book? Impossible to name just one, so I’ll split it between fiction (Sum by David Eagleman), poetry (The Iraqi Nights by Dunya Mikhail), and drama (Wit by Margaret Edson).
3.) Coffee or tea? While I enjoy both, I strongly prefer coffee.
4.) What is your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast. It combines waffles, coffee, syrup, coffee, and powdered sugar, in my coffee.
5.) What do you think is the most pressing issue of the day? I think climate change is the most pressing issue of the day, which is why I’m voting for Treebeard of the Ent Party this election, on a platform of reforestation and smashing society with large boulders. #feeltheboulders
6.) Are you a day or night person? I’m a morning person, until only a few weeks are left in the semester, at which point I stay awake day and night cramming.
7.) What is your favorite snack? Cheese quesadilla with diced bell peppers (plus coffee).
8.) What is the time period for which you have the most interest? I’m most interested in the period immediately after the Second World War and the beginning of the Cold War, but the inter-war period (1918-1939) is a close second.
9.) Movie or live theater? I’ve come to enjoy live theater more and more in recent years.
10.) What is your favorite season? I love winter, and I’m not sure if that’s because I’m a romantic introvert or just like it when everything is cold and dead. I’ll say the first one.
11.) Dog or cat? Again, while I enjoy both, dogs are obviously superior to cats in every way and fill me with immeasurable joy.
Now I need to nominate more bloggers. I’m choosing blogs I always look forward to reading, ones I find delightful and thoughtful. My list is as follows:
Hanna McCall at https://proofreaderhannah.com/
The Twenty Something Social Recluse
Annamarie Carlson at https://annamarieabroad.wordpress.com/
Robert Okaji at O At the Edges
Simon Bowler at https://simonbowlerphotos.wordpress.com/
M Weaver at https://sorrysongbird.wordpress.com/
J. W. Eberle at https://jweberle.com/
Chris Helzer at The Prairie Ecologist
Lizzy Nichols at The Lizzysaurus
My questions, if you choose to accept, are as follows:
- What book are you reading now, or are eager to start?
- What music do you listen to while working (if anything)?
- What is the most useful tool for your work or hobbies?
- The Grim Reaper rings your doorbell; you challenge the Reaper to a board game, and if you win you won’t be taken to Hades; what board game do you choose?
- What is your ideal pet (apart from a domesticated Grim Reaper)?
- Is there a past (or future) decade for which you are nostalgic? If so, what and why?
- What is your best method for coping with stress? (I swear I’m not asking because I’m stressed. I swear).
- How do you celebrate a major achievement or accomplishment?
- What is your preferred mode of transportation (bike, plane, feet, racing team of twelve congresspeople tied to a sled, etc.)?
- Where do you do most of your work (home, office, school department, coffee shop, in a sled pulled by twelve congresspeople)?
- And lastly, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could get a law degree from Harvard and join a lobby group on behalf of small locally owned and operated woodchucking facilities and successfully bring down Big Wood and their death grip on the international woodchucking industry?
Peace and happy blogging,
I like the sound of that Treebeard bloke.
Thank you very much for the nomination and the kind words!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re very welcome!
LikeLiked by 1 person